Emoji are ideograms and smileys used in electronic messages and web pages. Some examples of emoji are 😃, 😭, and 😈. Emoji exist in various genres, including facial expressions, common objects, places and types of weather, and animals.
How to add emojis on Windows: Touch keyboard. Update: There’s now a keyboard shortcut for Windows. Press Windows + ; (semi-colon) or Windows + . (period) to open your emoji keyboard…
Are emojis appropriate in work settings?
- Emojis are informal, personable and often used to inject humor into digital conversation.
- Emojis in a business setting break down barriers in formal communication and bring conversations down to a personal level.
- Emojis should be used wisely and selectively in business communications, as not all sectors allow the use of emojis. For example, the legal sector does not allow for the informality of emojis.
Benefits of using emojis in the workplace
- They add a personal approach.
- They act as a display of honesty.
- They get the reader’s attention.
Drawbacks to using emojis in the workplace
- They aren’t universal. Even if emojis might be appropriate in the moment, they don’t always work as intended.
- They make you seem less competent.